Monday, March 22, 2010

Good Day, Good Girlfriends


Welcome to Girlfriend-in-Progress! This is something I've been brainstorming for a long time: a totally anonymous, no-punches-pulled perspective on modern girlfriending. I'm in my late 20s living in upstate New York and am in a serious, live-in relationship. It's a CONSTANT work-in-progress, let me tell you, and it isn't all rainbows and unicorns. (Well, maybe 30% rainbows and unicorns. If I'm being generous.)

We women know that we are all far from perfect and make plenty of mistakes. This will be a (for lack of a better term,) "safe space," for me to share those mistakes and how I am working towards not making them twice. Sometimes it's going to get a bit personal, which is why I'm choosing to go the anonymous route rather than blogging under my own name. In return for my secrecy I promise to blog with abandon; to give you the nitty-grittiest details possible and to always be brutally honest.

Good Girlfriends unite and get better along with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment