Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Just a Spoonful of Sugar


I'm going to write a little open letter to the guys right now, because I look at you and I see the confusion and helplessness in your eyes. You're trying so hard to figure out what's happening in these crazy, feminine heads of ours. You're nervous and desperate and kind of want to bolt, like a startled animal. I see all this, and I want to help, so I'm going to let you in on a little secret that I promise will serve you well in your relationships. In this case, we're talking about romance, which is a word that scares the hell out of you guys, but it really shouldn't, because...

...a little goes a long way.

Really and truly, it does. The grand gestures are nice and all, but who has the time? Guys seem to think that they either have to go big or go home, but that's completely not the case. We love the little things. When my boyfriend brings home my favorite juice or picks a flower from the garden and gives it to me, it makes me fall in love with him all over again.

I know what you're thinking. "Wait, juice? All they want is juice? JUICE WILL MAKE THEM SHUT UP?!?"* Well, for me, yeah, but every girl has got their, "juice," whether it's a special dinner you cook or an addition to one of her collections or just a little note on the coffee table that says, "I love you, have a good day." We need that juice, guys. We crave it.

But, of course, sugar contains a lot of calories, so just a spoonful will do the trick.

*Nothing will make us shut up. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment