Monday, April 26, 2010

Five Year Plan

I will admit, in a moment of unabashed girly-ness, that I have a five year plan for my relationship. Of course it's utterly personal. It isn't even something I've shared in any official way with my boyfriend, so I hope he isn't frightened to read this (Hi babe! Hey...wait. Come back! Why are you running?) I mean, we've certainly talked about, "the future," in a theoretical, we'll-cross-that-bridge-when-we-come-to-it kinda way but we've never sat down and decided together where we'll be in five years. So if I come back and edit this post, it's because one point or another has been reevaluated (after I go home and talk to him about this.) Anyway, here it is.

In Five Years, I Anticipate:

  • Us owning our own home. We currently rent but as we get more and more invested in our living space and our relationship, it only makes sense that soon we'll think about buying. It's a good investment and it's something that we'll have to tackle together.
  • Hearing the pitter patter of little feet. Those feet will be furry and padded, if I have anything to say about it. I've been feeling a little dog-crazy these days. Want.
  • Opening a joint savings account. I'm not a big advocate for combining finances, in general, but I think it's a great idea to have one joint savings account. You can both toss $20 per pay period in there and, after a bit, take a nice vacation. Which leads us to my last point.
  • Taking a major vacation. We go here and there on short trips, but have never gone all out. Last week we were watching a program featuring the Italian countryside and I expressed the desire to go someday. My boyfriend's response was, "Oh, we're going. Soon."
I hope so :)

No comments:

Post a Comment