Monday, April 26, 2010

Twitterpated

This post isn't going to be about Twitter (although, honestly, isn't it the best thing ever? I defy you to name another social networking site that allows you to interact directly with so many washed-up celebrities. Hi, Kirstie!!!)

This morning I watched three squirrels, "interacting," all over a tree in my backyard. They scooted and spiraled up and down, taunting each other and pretending to try to get away. Every few minutes they'd stop and...co-mingle for a bit before getting back to their game. It was adorable in a primal kind of way, and it stirred up all sorts of Spring-type feelings in me.

Doesn't the change in seasons just make you feel fundamentally good? Birds are chirping, flowers are blooming, the sun comes back. The first really nice day of the year makes me want to strip down to my skivvies and run around outside, preferably with the boyfriend in tow. You feel driven to reconnect with yourself in a physical way, and it's undeniable that Spring will make you amorous. Just like the squirrels.

What about the warming weather inspires you?

No comments:

Post a Comment